Les futures mesures sur la vape au Royaume-Uni saluées par UKVIA
A car fire due to an e-cigarette?
This quite uncommong story took place a couple of days ago. A car caught fire when arriving in Toulouse, France. According to the French newspaper La Dépêche, the driver noticed that his car had started burning while on the city ring-road. The firemen were called at 7.15 am by a truck driver who was near-by.
According to the driver, the fire was caused by an electronic cigarette, or more precisely its batteries that were located in the trunk. The fire started in a suitcase that contained the batteries before spreading to the back of the car. With so little information, the Police has decided to open an investifation to better understand what happened. This incident reminds us one more time how important safety is for vapers. Carrying an unprotected battery in one’s pocket for instance can be dangerous because it’s like carrying electricity without insulation.
This incident adds up to the unfortunate though short list of vaping accidents. Another Toulousan had also faced a battery problem less than a year ago. It had explosed in his pocket: « I heard a noise similar to a firework. After the explosion, I realized I had caught fire », he ad explained to the French newspaper « Midi Libre ».
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.